Bromley-by-Bow murder: Detectives arrest four more people
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the brutal murder of a father near the doorstep of his home in Bromley-by-Bow have arrested four more people.
Brenton Roper died after he was shot and stabbed in Eagling Close on May 3.
The 41-year-old, who has been described a loving and loyal son, dad, brother, uncle, cousin and friend, died an hour after the attack at the scene.
On Saturday officers arrested two 26-year-old men and a 27-year-old man on suspicion of murder.
A man, aged 54, was held on suspicion of assisting an offender.
You may also want to watch:
All four are currently in police custody.
Last month 16-year-old boy and an 18-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of Mr Roper’s murder and bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week