Detectives hunt three men over violent bottle attack in Whitechapel
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are hunting three men in connection with a violent bottle attack that hospitalised its victim.
The 41-year-old became involved in an exchange of words before a brief struggle where he was hit over the head twice with a glass bottle, punched and kicked in a stairwell at Denning Point, Commercial street, in the early hours of the morning.
Police have released images of the men, described as Asian in appearance, alongside an appeal for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
It follows the earlier arrest of two men, aged 33 and 32, who have been bailed pending further enquiries.
The victim was taken to an east London hospital for treatment following the attack in Whitechapel on Saturday, August 31, at about 12.50am.
You may also want to watch:
He required 16 stitches to two deep gashes on his head, a deep cut near his eye had to be glued and he suffered extensive bruising to his upper body, according to police.
Anyone with information should call Det Con Justin Collymore of Tower Hamlets CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries