Detectives hunt three men over violent bottle attack in Whitechapel
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are hunting three men in connection with a violent bottle attack that hospitalised its victim.
The 41-year-old became involved in an exchange of words before a brief struggle where he was hit over the head twice with a glass bottle, punched and kicked in a stairwell at Denning Point, Commercial street, in the early hours of the morning.
Police have released images of the men, described as Asian in appearance, alongside an appeal for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
It follows the earlier arrest of two men, aged 33 and 32, who have been bailed pending further enquiries.
The victim was taken to an east London hospital for treatment following the attack in Whitechapel on Saturday, August 31, at about 12.50am.
You may also want to watch:
He required 16 stitches to two deep gashes on his head, a deep cut near his eye had to be glued and he suffered extensive bruising to his upper body, according to police.
Anyone with information should call Det Con Justin Collymore of Tower Hamlets CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided