Detectives hunt three men over violent bottle attack in Whitechapel
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are hunting three men in connection with a violent bottle attack that hospitalised its victim.
The 41-year-old became involved in an exchange of words before a brief struggle where he was hit over the head twice with a glass bottle, punched and kicked in a stairwell at Denning Point, Commercial street, in the early hours of the morning.
Police have released images of the men, described as Asian in appearance, alongside an appeal for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
It follows the earlier arrest of two men, aged 33 and 32, who have been bailed pending further enquiries.
The victim was taken to an east London hospital for treatment following the attack in Whitechapel on Saturday, August 31, at about 12.50am.
You may also want to watch:
He required 16 stitches to two deep gashes on his head, a deep cut near his eye had to be glued and he suffered extensive bruising to his upper body, according to police.
Anyone with information should call Det Con Justin Collymore of Tower Hamlets CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings