Detectives re-appeal for information a year on from Bethnal Green attempted rape
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating an attempted rape in Bethnal Green a year ago have made a fresh appeal for information.
Officers have re-issued a CCTV image of a man they want to speak to in connection with the offence, which took place in Hackney Road in the early hours of November 20 2012.
The image shows a white man, riding on a Barclays Cycle Hire Bike in Hackney Road shortly before the incident. The man is described as aged between 25-35 years, at least 6 feet tall and of muscular build.
The incident occurred at around 2.45am as a 28-year-old woman was walking along Goldsmith Row, Hackney. About 40 metres from the junction with Hackney Road she was approached by a man riding a Barclays Cycle Hire bicycle.
The man robbed her before trying to rape her. He was disturbed by passers-by and rode off towards Broadway Market.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have traced the passers-by who disturbed the attacker but are keen to speak to anyone else who was in the area at the time of the incident, or anyone who may recognise the man pictured on the bicycle.
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Tony Carr on 020 7230 5211, quoting crime reference 4631093/12. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man