Detectives re-appeal for information a year on from Bethnal Green attempted rape
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating an attempted rape in Bethnal Green a year ago have made a fresh appeal for information.
Officers have re-issued a CCTV image of a man they want to speak to in connection with the offence, which took place in Hackney Road in the early hours of November 20 2012.
The image shows a white man, riding on a Barclays Cycle Hire Bike in Hackney Road shortly before the incident. The man is described as aged between 25-35 years, at least 6 feet tall and of muscular build.
The incident occurred at around 2.45am as a 28-year-old woman was walking along Goldsmith Row, Hackney. About 40 metres from the junction with Hackney Road she was approached by a man riding a Barclays Cycle Hire bicycle.
The man robbed her before trying to rape her. He was disturbed by passers-by and rode off towards Broadway Market.
Officers have traced the passers-by who disturbed the attacker but are keen to speak to anyone else who was in the area at the time of the incident, or anyone who may recognise the man pictured on the bicycle.
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Tony Carr on 020 7230 5211, quoting crime reference 4631093/12. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents