Do you know this man? Police hunt Aldgate East tube attacker
- Credit: Archant
Detectives hunting a man who kicked a passenger in the face after first demanding money are appealing to the public for help.
Police have released the image of a man they would like to talk to in relation to the assault on a 53-year-old man at Aldgate East Underground station, Whitechapel, after pursuing several lines of enquiry and reviewing cctv footage.
The victim suffered a cut to his nose and reddening to the left side of his face following the assault at just after 7am on Wednesday, August 14.
Investigating officer Det Con Dick Mortimer said: “The victim was approached by a man who demanded money from him. This was an unprovoked assault by a man who was unknown to the victim.
“We don’t tolerate violence on the London Underground network and I’d urge anyone who recognises the man pictured, or has any information that could help our investigation, to please contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting background B3/LU of 06/11/13.
They can also pass information anonymously to charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 6 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 7 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime