Do you know this man? Police hunt Aldgate East tube attacker
- Credit: Archant
Detectives hunting a man who kicked a passenger in the face after first demanding money are appealing to the public for help.
Police have released the image of a man they would like to talk to in relation to the assault on a 53-year-old man at Aldgate East Underground station, Whitechapel, after pursuing several lines of enquiry and reviewing cctv footage.
The victim suffered a cut to his nose and reddening to the left side of his face following the assault at just after 7am on Wednesday, August 14.
Investigating officer Det Con Dick Mortimer said: “The victim was approached by a man who demanded money from him. This was an unprovoked assault by a man who was unknown to the victim.
“We don’t tolerate violence on the London Underground network and I’d urge anyone who recognises the man pictured, or has any information that could help our investigation, to please contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting background B3/LU of 06/11/13.
They can also pass information anonymously to charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single