Do you know this man? Police hunt Aldgate East tube attacker
- Credit: Archant
Detectives hunting a man who kicked a passenger in the face after first demanding money are appealing to the public for help.
Police have released the image of a man they would like to talk to in relation to the assault on a 53-year-old man at Aldgate East Underground station, Whitechapel, after pursuing several lines of enquiry and reviewing cctv footage.
The victim suffered a cut to his nose and reddening to the left side of his face following the assault at just after 7am on Wednesday, August 14.
Investigating officer Det Con Dick Mortimer said: “The victim was approached by a man who demanded money from him. This was an unprovoked assault by a man who was unknown to the victim.
“We don’t tolerate violence on the London Underground network and I’d urge anyone who recognises the man pictured, or has any information that could help our investigation, to please contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting background B3/LU of 06/11/13.
They can also pass information anonymously to charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020