Drug gang members jailed after raid on Tower Hamlets address
Six drug dealing gang members have been jailed for a total of 31 years after police raids targeted an address in Tower Hamlets.
Officers raided an address in Hanbury Street, Spitalfields, – as well as others in north London – in August and September last year.
Heroin, cocaine, steroids, and mixing utensils were found in the raids, with cash and mobile phones also seized.
Six members of the gang from north London were sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on Monday.
Det Insp Rob Murray of the Metropolitan Police’s central task force said: “This gang was found to own drugs worth in excess of £165,000 which were destined for London streets.
You may also want to watch:
“They were operating for some time though, so in reality we know they were controlling a far greater quantity.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 8 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 10 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'