Duo guilty of random knife attacks in Brick Lane
- Credit: Archant
Two cold blooded thugs have been found guilty of embarking on a random knife attack on a pair of total strangers.
Daniel Watkins,22, and his teenage accomplice who cannot be named for legal reasons stabbed the duo during an unprovoked spree in Brick Lane last year.
One of the victims was stabbed nine times – including through the chest – during the vicious attack.
Watkins’ ruthless accomplice, who was 16 at the time, pinned the second victim to the ground, forcing him to beg for his life while thrusting the knife down on either side of his head.
The pair then went on to punch a cyclist in the head, push him off his bike and threaten him with the knives on the same night in May last year.
Watkins, of New Union Close, Cubitt Town on the Isle of Dogs, was found guilty of attempted murder, possession of an offensive weapons, assault and wounding with intent at Snaresbrook Crown Court on April 26. His accomplice was found guilty of offences relating to the same incident on May 3.
Det Con Scott Pounder, who investigated the case, said: “Watkins and his fellow attacker are violent people who were fully prepared to use knives to attack and seriously harm innocent members of the public who were going about their daily lives.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 3 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 6 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 7 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
“They have shown no regard for the victims and no remorse since their arrest.”
Watkins will be sentenced on June 10. His accomplice will also be sentenced in June.