East End link to body in bag spy death
Detectives investigating the death of M16 agent Gareth Williams would like to speak to anyone who may have seen him at an East End cabaret evening.
The 31-year-old’s body was found in a bag in his flat in West London in August.
Detectives are anxious to hear from anyone who may have met Mr Williams at a drag cabaret act at Bistrotheque in Wadeson Street on Friday August 13. He had also bought tickets for two other shows at the Bethnal Green venue.
A police spokeswoman said: “We would like to hear from anybody who was there who spoke with him or had any interaction with him.”
Two days after he visited Bistrotheque Mr Willams was spotted on CCTV shopping in the West End. His body was discovered in his flat on August 23.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who met Mr Williams should contact the incident room in Hendon on 020 8358 0200 or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns