East End man, 27, faces five terrorism charges
An East End man has appeared in court on five terrorism charges.
Shabaaz Hussain, 27, of Jamaica Street, Stepney Green is accused of providing money or property for terrorism on three occasions between April and September last year.
He is also charged with preparing for acts of terrorism over a period which stretched almost two years, from January 2009 to October 2010.
That could include advising, coaching and facilitating others to engage in terrorist activity.
He faces a further charge for the same period of making funding arrangements for the purposes of terrorism.
You may also want to watch:
The charges were read out at City of Westminster Magistrates’ Court where he appeared today.
He has been remanded in custody until July 15.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 4 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 7 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 8 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 9 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 10 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted