East End man, 27, faces five terrorism charges
An East End man has appeared in court on five terrorism charges.
Shabaaz Hussain, 27, of Jamaica Street, Stepney Green is accused of providing money or property for terrorism on three occasions between April and September last year.
He is also charged with preparing for acts of terrorism over a period which stretched almost two years, from January 2009 to October 2010.
That could include advising, coaching and facilitating others to engage in terrorist activity.
He faces a further charge for the same period of making funding arrangements for the purposes of terrorism.
You may also want to watch:
The charges were read out at City of Westminster Magistrates’ Court where he appeared today.
He has been remanded in custody until July 15.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?