East End man, 27, faces five terrorism charges
An East End man has appeared in court on five terrorism charges.
Shabaaz Hussain, 27, of Jamaica Street, Stepney Green is accused of providing money or property for terrorism on three occasions between April and September last year.
He is also charged with preparing for acts of terrorism over a period which stretched almost two years, from January 2009 to October 2010.
That could include advising, coaching and facilitating others to engage in terrorist activity.
He faces a further charge for the same period of making funding arrangements for the purposes of terrorism.
You may also want to watch:
The charges were read out at City of Westminster Magistrates’ Court where he appeared today.
He has been remanded in custody until July 15.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 8 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 9 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 10 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January