East End teacher charged with making indecent images of kids
AN East End teacher has been charged with making indecent images of children.
Colin Reeves – a long-standing employee at Stepney Green Maths, Computing and Science College in Ben Jonson Road - is also charged with one count of possessing indecent pictures of minors.
Officers from the Met Police’s Child Abuse Investigation Command had raided his home in Rectory Square, Stepney.
The 57-year-old was charged on January 28.
Police said in a statement the teacher was charged with “one count of possession of indecent images of children and one count of making indecent images of children.”
He has been suspended from duty.
Tower Hamlets Council said in a statement: “The council is aware of a matter involving a member of staff in one of our schools.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 9 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 10 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
“This matter is subject to a police investigation. The school and council are providing all appropriate assistance to the police as required.”
The East End teacher has been bailed to appear at West London Magistrates Court in Hammersmith on March 11.