East End teacher charged with making indecent images of kids
AN East End teacher has been charged with making indecent images of children.
Colin Reeves – a long-standing employee at Stepney Green Maths, Computing and Science College in Ben Jonson Road - is also charged with one count of possessing indecent pictures of minors.
Officers from the Met Police’s Child Abuse Investigation Command had raided his home in Rectory Square, Stepney.
The 57-year-old was charged on January 28.
Police said in a statement the teacher was charged with “one count of possession of indecent images of children and one count of making indecent images of children.”
You may also want to watch:
He has been suspended from duty.
Tower Hamlets Council said in a statement: “The council is aware of a matter involving a member of staff in one of our schools.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
“This matter is subject to a police investigation. The school and council are providing all appropriate assistance to the police as required.”
The East End teacher has been bailed to appear at West London Magistrates Court in Hammersmith on March 11.