East End teacher charged with making indecent images of kids
AN East End teacher has been charged with making indecent images of children.
Colin Reeves – a long-standing employee at Stepney Green Maths, Computing and Science College in Ben Jonson Road - is also charged with one count of possessing indecent pictures of minors.
Officers from the Met Police’s Child Abuse Investigation Command had raided his home in Rectory Square, Stepney.
The 57-year-old was charged on January 28.
Police said in a statement the teacher was charged with “one count of possession of indecent images of children and one count of making indecent images of children.”
You may also want to watch:
He has been suspended from duty.
Tower Hamlets Council said in a statement: “The council is aware of a matter involving a member of staff in one of our schools.
- 1 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 4 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 5 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 7 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 8 Fundraiser launched after school families suffer 'so many Covid deaths'
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
“This matter is subject to a police investigation. The school and council are providing all appropriate assistance to the police as required.”
The East End teacher has been bailed to appear at West London Magistrates Court in Hammersmith on March 11.