East End teacher charged with making indecent images of kids
AN East End teacher has been charged with making indecent images of children.
Colin Reeves – a long-standing employee at Stepney Green Maths, Computing and Science College in Ben Jonson Road - is also charged with one count of possessing indecent pictures of minors.
Officers from the Met Police’s Child Abuse Investigation Command had raided his home in Rectory Square, Stepney.
The 57-year-old was charged on January 28.
Police said in a statement the teacher was charged with “one count of possession of indecent images of children and one count of making indecent images of children.”
You may also want to watch:
He has been suspended from duty.
Tower Hamlets Council said in a statement: “The council is aware of a matter involving a member of staff in one of our schools.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 9 Orient aiming to climb the table with first away win of the season
- 10 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
“This matter is subject to a police investigation. The school and council are providing all appropriate assistance to the police as required.”
The East End teacher has been bailed to appear at West London Magistrates Court in Hammersmith on March 11.