Hunt to find female stalker who posed as a man on a gay dating app
- Credit: Google
A woman living in Tower Hamlets who admitted stalking after posing as a man on a gay dating app has fled to France while awaiting sentencing.
Yannick Glaudin, 30, was due to be sentenced for disclosing private sexual photos, harassment and stalking but fled after she was granted bail.
A European arrest warrant is being sought so she come back to the UK and face justice.
She was granted bail after pleading guilty to the charges at Camberwell Green Magistrates’ Court in July last year.
Yesterday at a hearing at the Inner London Crown Court, posecutor Claire Cooper requested Glaudin’s sentencing be adjourned for four weeks while a European arrest warrant was processed.
You may also want to watch:
Agreeing to the delay, judge Usha Karu expressed concern over the timing of the adjournment.
She asked: “In the current political climate is there a good chance that you are going to be able to achieve your objective?”
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
Glaudin pleaded guilty on July 11 to harassment without violence, stalking without fear, alarm or distress, and disclosing private sexual photographs and films with intent to cause distress.
The offences occurred between December 2017 and July 2018.
A bench warrant was issued for Glaudin after she failed to attend court on September 5, court staff said.
A telephone hearing will be held at the Inner London Crown Court on April 17 to check on the progress of the European arrest warrant and discuss whether Glaudin can be sentenced in her absence.