Ex-male model beaten up in homophobic attack
Police are looking into an attack when a former male model from East London was beaten up and left needing hospital treatment after the unprovoked homophobic attack.
Chas Andersen, a 20-year-old from Bethnal Green, was abused and punched as he tried to use a cash machine at Clapham in south London over the Bank Holiday weekend.
He appeared to get involved in an argument with a group of men over the shorts he was wearing when he was knocked to the ground.
Fashion stylist Mike Adler, a friend who was with him, tried stop the attack when accomplices prevented him.
“He was standing up for himself and I was standing up for him,” said his friend. “The man just switched from yelling to becoming violent.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Andersen, who worked with the Oxygen modelling agency, needed hospital treatment for an eye injury, but has been told he will not suffer any permanent damage.
Scotland Yard confirmed today that Sunday’s attack had been reported to police.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single