Family ‘crushed’ as police name Lamar Stewart as man stabbed to death outside Mile End party
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have formally named a 21-year-old man who was stabbed to death outside a house party as Lamar Stewart.
Lamar, who was a twin and lived in Mitcham, was knifed after a fight broke out at a party in Ropery Street, Mile End, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Officers found him in a pool of blood in nearby Eric Street shortly after 2.30am.
He was rushed to hospital but died as a result of a haemorrhage and stab wound to the chest at 4.52am.
His devastated family have called his killing a “senseless act of crime”.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement, they said: “Lamar was a good boy, a hard working boy and loved. He was loved by absolutely everyone.
“As a family we are crushed. We are all so close as a family and to lose Lamar is something we don’t think we will ever recover from.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- 8 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 9 'Ballet at its absolute best' coming to Canary Wharf this weekend
- 10 Kitchen blaze sees warning issued over 'strange noises' from appliances
“Lamar was a loving boy who after every conversation told his mum and dad and siblings that he loved them.”
The youngest of the family, Lamar had a twin sister, older sister and two brothers and his relatives say they have “lost our baby”.
Det Ch Insp Andrew Packer from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, who is leading the investigation, said: “Our enquiries so far have established there was a large group of young people from east and south London who attended this party and I need to trace as many people as possible to piece together the events that led to this murder.
“The stabbing occurred in the street and would have been clearly visible to passers-by and residents who may have been disturbed by the noise of the fight.
“This was a brutal attack that has taken a man’s life and I am urging anyone with information to come forward and speak to police.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 0208 345 3865 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.