E-scooter rider dies after 'fail to stop' collision in Canary Wharf
- Credit: Google
An e-scooter rider has died after a collision in Canary Wharf.
Police attended Manilla Street yesterday (July 24) at around 5.40pm after being called by London Ambulance Service.
They received reports that the e-scooter had been in collision with a car.
The 32-year-old e-scooter rider died less than three hours later in hospital and his family have been informed, police said.
The force is trying to trace the driver of the car, which was a blue Kia, who failed to stop at the scene.
The car was later found nearby, according to a Met spokesperson.
Detectives are asking witnesses or anyone with dashcam footage to call the Roads and Transport Policing Command on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 4 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 5 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 8 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 9 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 10 Leyton Orient have to settle for point at Swindon
People can also phone 101 quoting CAD 5622/24JUL.