Fifth man arrested after York Hall murder in Bethnal Green
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating the murder of Luther Edwards on the steps of east London’s York Hall have made a fifth arrest, Scotland Yard has just confirmed.
A 26-year-old man was arrested today on suspicion of murder. He remains in custody at a central London police station.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command continue to investigate the stabbing resulting from a fight which broke out inside York Hall on July 29, when 31-year-old Luther was just leaving a Friday night boxing match. The violence spilled out onto the street at around 10.30pm.
Luthur staggered along Old Ford Road to a BP petrol station in Cambridge Heath Road where he collapsed. He did an hour later at the Royal London Hospital.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
You may also want to watch:
Four others have been arrested over the past four weeks on suspicion of murder—one aged 32, the others in their 20s, all bailed to return to police in late September pending further enquiries.
Detectives are keeping an open mind on any motive and are still appealing for witnesses at York Hall on July 29, or in the streets outside, to call the incident room on 020-8345 3715, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111, email: crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs