Fifth man charged with murder by police investigating Whitechapel shooting
- Credit: Met Police
A fifth man has been charged by detectives investigating the murder of Iron Miah in Whitechapel last year.
Aaron Campbell, 28, of Star Road, Hammersmith, has been charged with murder and also with an offence under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
He is due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today, Wednesday, January 15.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to Nelson Street on November 19 after Mr Miah, 40, was found collapsed with a head injury.
Mr Miah was taken to hospital and died on November 21.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination on November 25 determined the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the head.
Four other men have also been charged with Mr Miah's murder and are due to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday, February 14.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19