Fifth man charged with murder by police investigating Whitechapel shooting
- Credit: Met Police
A fifth man has been charged by detectives investigating the murder of Iron Miah in Whitechapel last year.
Aaron Campbell, 28, of Star Road, Hammersmith, has been charged with murder and also with an offence under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
He is due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today, Wednesday, January 15.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to Nelson Street on November 19 after Mr Miah, 40, was found collapsed with a head injury.
Mr Miah was taken to hospital and died on November 21.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination on November 25 determined the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the head.
Four other men have also been charged with Mr Miah's murder and are due to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday, February 14.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 6 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 7 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 9 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion