Fifth man charged with murder by police investigating Whitechapel shooting
- Credit: Met Police
A fifth man has been charged by detectives investigating the murder of Iron Miah in Whitechapel last year.
Aaron Campbell, 28, of Star Road, Hammersmith, has been charged with murder and also with an offence under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
He is due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today, Wednesday, January 15.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to Nelson Street on November 19 after Mr Miah, 40, was found collapsed with a head injury.
Mr Miah was taken to hospital and died on November 21.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination on November 25 determined the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the head.
Four other men have also been charged with Mr Miah's murder and are due to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday, February 14.
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 4 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 8 Youthful Orient side nab a draw away to Dulwich Hamlet
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted