Financial consultant jailed for raping drunk teenage girl in street near Tower Bridge at 4am
- Credit: MPS
A man who raped a drunk teenager in the street near Tower Bridge has been jailed for eight years.
Financial consultant Sanjay Naker, who was caught by security guards on CCTV, was brazen enough to think he’d get away with it because she was drunk.
But police proved she had been raped, Inner London Crown Court heard.
“Naker deliberately targeted her as intoxicated and vulnerable,” Det Con Aidan Kersley said after today’s sentencing.
“He dragged her to a secluded area and raped her—but she has no memory of it.
You may also want to watch:
“Naker brazenly gave security guards his name, confident the girl’s intoxication would protect him—but we were able to prove she had been raped.”
The 18-year-old was so drunk that she was asked to leave a bar in Tooley Street at 4am on March 11, 2017.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Parkour group to move from home of seven years after lease is cancelled
- 10 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
Naker, who was in the street, picked her up when she fell, then gave her a piggyback before dragging her to The Queens Walk where he raped her.
The girl was found unconscious on the ground and was taken to hospital and later to a Haven centre where it was determined she had been raped.
Naker, 28, was arrested the next day at his home in Wood Green in north London. He was found guilty of oral rape, attempted rape and sexual assault.