Financial consultant jailed for raping drunk teenage girl in street near Tower Bridge at 4am
- Credit: MPS
A man who raped a drunk teenager in the street near Tower Bridge has been jailed for eight years.
Financial consultant Sanjay Naker, who was caught by security guards on CCTV, was brazen enough to think he’d get away with it because she was drunk.
But police proved she had been raped, Inner London Crown Court heard.
“Naker deliberately targeted her as intoxicated and vulnerable,” Det Con Aidan Kersley said after today’s sentencing.
“He dragged her to a secluded area and raped her—but she has no memory of it.
You may also want to watch:
“Naker brazenly gave security guards his name, confident the girl’s intoxication would protect him—but we were able to prove she had been raped.”
The 18-year-old was so drunk that she was asked to leave a bar in Tooley Street at 4am on March 11, 2017.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
Naker, who was in the street, picked her up when she fell, then gave her a piggyback before dragging her to The Queens Walk where he raped her.
The girl was found unconscious on the ground and was taken to hospital and later to a Haven centre where it was determined she had been raped.
Naker, 28, was arrested the next day at his home in Wood Green in north London. He was found guilty of oral rape, attempted rape and sexual assault.