Five arrested in connection with Stepney Green stabbing
- Credit: MPS
Five people have been arrested on suspicion of offences including attempted murder after a teenager was allegedly stabbed near Stepney Green station.
The group, all males aged between 17 and 22, were arrested in the early hours of Monday, May 11, at three addresses in Bethnal Green and in Stepney Green.
They were taken into custody on suspicion of offences including attempted murder, GBH and possession of ammunition in relation to an incident on April 5 where a 19-year-old suffered non life-threatening injuries.
Two 18-year-olds and a 19-year-old have been released on bail while two others, aged 17 and 22, were released under investigation.
These arrests follow that of another 18-year-old man who was arrested on Sunday, April 5 and charged the following day with grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody and awaits trial.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 9 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend