Five arrested in connection with Stepney Green stabbing
- Credit: MPS
Five people have been arrested on suspicion of offences including attempted murder after a teenager was allegedly stabbed near Stepney Green station.
The group, all males aged between 17 and 22, were arrested in the early hours of Monday, May 11, at three addresses in Bethnal Green and in Stepney Green.
They were taken into custody on suspicion of offences including attempted murder, GBH and possession of ammunition in relation to an incident on April 5 where a 19-year-old suffered non life-threatening injuries.
Two 18-year-olds and a 19-year-old have been released on bail while two others, aged 17 and 22, were released under investigation.
These arrests follow that of another 18-year-old man who was arrested on Sunday, April 5 and charged the following day with grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody and awaits trial.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 Mum praises 'amazing' NHS staff who saved 'precious' tot's life