Five charged by police investigating Bow assault allegation
Five people, including a teenager, have been charged by police investigating an allegation of serious assault and an affray in Bow.
Abubakr Mansha, 28, of Dunbar Road, Forest Gate; Javed Patel, 27, of Upton Lane, Newham; Salim Jada, 31, of Green Street, Newham; and Zuber Kara, 29, of Hereford Road, Bow, have all been charged with conspiring with others on September 17 last year to commit grievously bodily harm with intent, contrary to section 1(1) of the Criminal Law Act 1977.
A 16-year-old boy has been charged with the same incident, and also with affray in relation to an incident on the same day in Tesco, Three Mill Lane, Bow.
All five are due to appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates’ Court later today.
Mansha and another man were previously charged during October in connection with the inquiry and were remanded on bail to appear at Inner London Crown Court on January 28, Scotland Yard said.
You may also want to watch:
Mohammed Khan, 20, of Dunbar Road, and Mansha, are charged with affray, that on September 17 they used or threatened unlawful violence towards another and used conduct such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety, contrary to section 3 (1) and (7) of the of the Public Order Act 1986.
Khan is also charged with wounding with intent (GBH), that on September 17 William Guy Gardens, Tower Hamlets, unlawfully and maliciously wounded a person with intent to do him grievously bodily harm, contrary to section 18 of the Offences Against Person Act 1861.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney