Dagenham and Ilford men among five to deny murdering Iron Miah in Stepney
- Credit: Met Police
Five men, including two from Dagenham and Ilford, have denied killing a man who was shot in the head in Stepney.
Mohammed Hassan, 31, Nanu Miah, 20, Mohamed Ali, 27, Antonio Afflick-McLeod, 29, and Aaron Campbell, 28, are jointly charged with the murder of Iron Miah.
The 40-year-old was shot in the head on November 19 last year in Nelson Street and died two days later.
On Thursday, his alleged killers appeared at the Old Bailey by video-link from Thameside jail for a plea and case management hearing.
During the hearing, they all entered not guilty pleas to the charge of murder.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Mark Lucraft QC said a trial has been fixed for May 18 and it is due to go on for four weeks.
He ordered a review hearing on April 20 to consider whether that date is realistic, given the ongoing coronavirus restrictions on new trials.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 10 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
Mr Hassan, of Cumberland Road, Portsmouth; Mr Miah, of Brandon Street, Southwark; Mr Ali, of Western Avenue, Dagenham; Mr Afflick-McLeod, of Mayfair Avenue, Ilford, and Mr Campbell, of Star Road, Hammersmith, were all remanded in custody.
The Old Bailey hearing was conducted with lawyers for the prosecution and defence dialling in to the court by telephone conference.