Dagenham and Ilford men among five to deny murdering Iron Miah in Stepney
- Credit: Met Police
Five men, including two from Dagenham and Ilford, have denied killing a man who was shot in the head in Stepney.
Mohammed Hassan, 31, Nanu Miah, 20, Mohamed Ali, 27, Antonio Afflick-McLeod, 29, and Aaron Campbell, 28, are jointly charged with the murder of Iron Miah.
The 40-year-old was shot in the head on November 19 last year in Nelson Street and died two days later.
On Thursday, his alleged killers appeared at the Old Bailey by video-link from Thameside jail for a plea and case management hearing.
During the hearing, they all entered not guilty pleas to the charge of murder.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Mark Lucraft QC said a trial has been fixed for May 18 and it is due to go on for four weeks.
He ordered a review hearing on April 20 to consider whether that date is realistic, given the ongoing coronavirus restrictions on new trials.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 6 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 7 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 8 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 9 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
Mr Hassan, of Cumberland Road, Portsmouth; Mr Miah, of Brandon Street, Southwark; Mr Ali, of Western Avenue, Dagenham; Mr Afflick-McLeod, of Mayfair Avenue, Ilford, and Mr Campbell, of Star Road, Hammersmith, were all remanded in custody.
The Old Bailey hearing was conducted with lawyers for the prosecution and defence dialling in to the court by telephone conference.