Dagenham and Ilford men among five to deny murdering Iron Miah in Stepney
- Credit: Met Police
Five men, including two from Dagenham and Ilford, have denied killing a man who was shot in the head in Stepney.
Mohammed Hassan, 31, Nanu Miah, 20, Mohamed Ali, 27, Antonio Afflick-McLeod, 29, and Aaron Campbell, 28, are jointly charged with the murder of Iron Miah.
The 40-year-old was shot in the head on November 19 last year in Nelson Street and died two days later.
On Thursday, his alleged killers appeared at the Old Bailey by video-link from Thameside jail for a plea and case management hearing.
During the hearing, they all entered not guilty pleas to the charge of murder.
Judge Mark Lucraft QC said a trial has been fixed for May 18 and it is due to go on for four weeks.
He ordered a review hearing on April 20 to consider whether that date is realistic, given the ongoing coronavirus restrictions on new trials.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Burial and cremation fees rise at City of London Cemetery and Crematorium
- 4 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 5 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 6 Almost 3,000 Barts Health hospital staff yet to have Covid jab, figures show
- 7 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 8 An afternoon you will remember: Alcohol-free comedy club returns to east London
- 9 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
Mr Hassan, of Cumberland Road, Portsmouth; Mr Miah, of Brandon Street, Southwark; Mr Ali, of Western Avenue, Dagenham; Mr Afflick-McLeod, of Mayfair Avenue, Ilford, and Mr Campbell, of Star Road, Hammersmith, were all remanded in custody.
The Old Bailey hearing was conducted with lawyers for the prosecution and defence dialling in to the court by telephone conference.