Dagenham and Ilford men among five to deny murdering Iron Miah in Stepney
- Credit: Met Police
Five men, including two from Dagenham and Ilford, have denied killing a man who was shot in the head in Stepney.
Mohammed Hassan, 31, Nanu Miah, 20, Mohamed Ali, 27, Antonio Afflick-McLeod, 29, and Aaron Campbell, 28, are jointly charged with the murder of Iron Miah.
The 40-year-old was shot in the head on November 19 last year in Nelson Street and died two days later.
On Thursday, his alleged killers appeared at the Old Bailey by video-link from Thameside jail for a plea and case management hearing.
During the hearing, they all entered not guilty pleas to the charge of murder.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Mark Lucraft QC said a trial has been fixed for May 18 and it is due to go on for four weeks.
He ordered a review hearing on April 20 to consider whether that date is realistic, given the ongoing coronavirus restrictions on new trials.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 8 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 9 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 10 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
Mr Hassan, of Cumberland Road, Portsmouth; Mr Miah, of Brandon Street, Southwark; Mr Ali, of Western Avenue, Dagenham; Mr Afflick-McLeod, of Mayfair Avenue, Ilford, and Mr Campbell, of Star Road, Hammersmith, were all remanded in custody.
The Old Bailey hearing was conducted with lawyers for the prosecution and defence dialling in to the court by telephone conference.