Five due in court charged with Gary Pocock murder on Isle of Sheppey
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a 15-year-old boy are due in court today charged with the murder of Gary Pocock, whose body was found on beach on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent.
The men were charged with the 34-year-old’s murder on Thursday, and will appear at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court today.
Mr Pocock’s body was found on the beach in Warden Bay Road, Leysdown on August 7, with a post-mortem showing he died from head injuries.
Mr Pocock, of Lillesdon Road, Dagenham, was described by friends as “a lovely chap” and a “harmless fella.”
Christopher James Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, has been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Terry, 20, and Mark Terry, 44, both of Grantham Road, Manor Park, in Newham, east London, are also charged with murder.
A further two teenagers from the Isle of Sheppey face the same charge.
- 1 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
One is Jamie West, 19, of Cliffe View Gardens, Warden, and the other is a 15-year-old boy from Warden who cannot be named for legal reasons.