Five due in court charged with Gary Pocock murder on Isle of Sheppey
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a 15-year-old boy are due in court today charged with the murder of Gary Pocock, whose body was found on beach on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent.
The men were charged with the 34-year-old’s murder on Thursday, and will appear at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court today.
Mr Pocock’s body was found on the beach in Warden Bay Road, Leysdown on August 7, with a post-mortem showing he died from head injuries.
Mr Pocock, of Lillesdon Road, Dagenham, was described by friends as “a lovely chap” and a “harmless fella.”
Christopher James Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, has been charged with murder.
Matthew Terry, 20, and Mark Terry, 44, both of Grantham Road, Manor Park, in Newham, east London, are also charged with murder.
A further two teenagers from the Isle of Sheppey face the same charge.
- 1 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 2 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 3 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 4 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 5 Cardboard boxes causing delays in and around Hackney Wick
- 6 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 7 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 8 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
One is Jamie West, 19, of Cliffe View Gardens, Warden, and the other is a 15-year-old boy from Warden who cannot be named for legal reasons.