Five due in court charged with Gary Pocock murder on Isle of Sheppey
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a 15-year-old boy are due in court today charged with the murder of Gary Pocock, whose body was found on beach on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent.
The men were charged with the 34-year-old’s murder on Thursday, and will appear at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court today.
Mr Pocock’s body was found on the beach in Warden Bay Road, Leysdown on August 7, with a post-mortem showing he died from head injuries.
Mr Pocock, of Lillesdon Road, Dagenham, was described by friends as “a lovely chap” and a “harmless fella.”
Christopher James Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, has been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Terry, 20, and Mark Terry, 44, both of Grantham Road, Manor Park, in Newham, east London, are also charged with murder.
A further two teenagers from the Isle of Sheppey face the same charge.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
One is Jamie West, 19, of Cliffe View Gardens, Warden, and the other is a 15-year-old boy from Warden who cannot be named for legal reasons.