Five due in court charged with Gary Pocock murder on Isle of Sheppey
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a 15-year-old boy are due in court today charged with the murder of Gary Pocock, whose body was found on beach on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent.
The men were charged with the 34-year-old’s murder on Thursday, and will appear at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court today.
Mr Pocock’s body was found on the beach in Warden Bay Road, Leysdown on August 7, with a post-mortem showing he died from head injuries.
Mr Pocock, of Lillesdon Road, Dagenham, was described by friends as “a lovely chap” and a “harmless fella.”
Christopher James Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, has been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Terry, 20, and Mark Terry, 44, both of Grantham Road, Manor Park, in Newham, east London, are also charged with murder.
A further two teenagers from the Isle of Sheppey face the same charge.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
One is Jamie West, 19, of Cliffe View Gardens, Warden, and the other is a 15-year-old boy from Warden who cannot be named for legal reasons.