Four appear at Old Bailey over fatal Liam Hamilton stabbing in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Four men charged in connection with the fatal stabbing of Liam Hamilton appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Three of the men are charged with murder and violent disorder after Mr Hamilton was stabbed to death at around 10pm on Friday at the junction between Poplar High Street and Simpson’s Road, Poplar.
They are Noel Hamilton, 35, of Manchester Road, Cubbitt Town, Isle of Dogs; Thomas Hamilton, 36, of Poplar High Street, and Paul Hamilton, 29, of Woodstock Terrace, Poplar.
All three were remanded in custody following the hearing on Thursday.
The fourth man, James Hamilton, 27, of Winchester House, New Festival Avenue, Poplar, is just charged with violent disorder. He also appeared in court, but was released on bail.
You may also want to watch:
All four defendants will return to the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on October 18.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip