Four appear at Old Bailey over fatal Liam Hamilton stabbing in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Four men charged in connection with the fatal stabbing of Liam Hamilton appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Three of the men are charged with murder and violent disorder after Mr Hamilton was stabbed to death at around 10pm on Friday at the junction between Poplar High Street and Simpson’s Road, Poplar.
They are Noel Hamilton, 35, of Manchester Road, Cubbitt Town, Isle of Dogs; Thomas Hamilton, 36, of Poplar High Street, and Paul Hamilton, 29, of Woodstock Terrace, Poplar.
All three were remanded in custody following the hearing on Thursday.
The fourth man, James Hamilton, 27, of Winchester House, New Festival Avenue, Poplar, is just charged with violent disorder. He also appeared in court, but was released on bail.
You may also want to watch:
All four defendants will return to the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on October 18.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided