Four appear at Old Bailey over fatal Liam Hamilton stabbing in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Four men charged in connection with the fatal stabbing of Liam Hamilton appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Three of the men are charged with murder and violent disorder after Mr Hamilton was stabbed to death at around 10pm on Friday at the junction between Poplar High Street and Simpson’s Road, Poplar.
They are Noel Hamilton, 35, of Manchester Road, Cubbitt Town, Isle of Dogs; Thomas Hamilton, 36, of Poplar High Street, and Paul Hamilton, 29, of Woodstock Terrace, Poplar.
All three were remanded in custody following the hearing on Thursday.
The fourth man, James Hamilton, 27, of Winchester House, New Festival Avenue, Poplar, is just charged with violent disorder. He also appeared in court, but was released on bail.
You may also want to watch:
All four defendants will return to the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on October 18.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man