Four men arrested in East London over nightclub doorman’s killing
Four east London men have been arrested in connection with the killing of a Romanian man in north London.
Bogdan Gabriel Paduret was gunned down in Tillingbourne Gardens, Finchley last autumn.
This morning officers raided eight London addresses and arrested a 28-year-old man in Tiller Road, Millwall, a 28-year-old in Poplar High Street, a 19-year-old in Pennyfields, Westferry and a 24-year-old in Guinness Court, Aldgate.
Another 29-year-old man from west London was arrested.
Mr Paduret, who was head doorman at the Mayfair Club in Dover Street, central London and known as Tony, finished work at 5.30am on November 27.
You may also want to watch:
A friend of his gave him a lift home and as they arrived at about 6am, someone walked up to their silver Vauxhall Corsa and fired four bullets through the passenger window.
Mr Paduret died of a gunshot wound to the head.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
Det Ch Insp Jacqueline Sebire, from the homicide and serious crime command, said: “This was a cold blooded and planned murder. Mr Paduret was without doubt targeted.”
The victim’s mother, Mariana Paduret, who flew from her home in Romania to London after her son’s death, said: “To me Tony meant everything. He had such tremendous love for people, he would call his friends and relatives brothers and sisters.
“He was incredibly generous and forgiving and at the same time very modest about it. He had an acute sense of justice and he took pride in everything he did.”
As part of the police raids, two businesses in Oakley Road South, Whetstone and Forest Industrial Estate, Ilford were also searched.
A sixth man is currently in an east London police station.
The arrested men are at an east London police station.
Information to 020 8358 0400 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.