Fourth man charged with murder in connection with Whitechapel shooting
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating the murder of a man in Whitechapel have charged a fourth man with murder.
Antonio Afflick-McLeod, of Mayfair Avenue, Ilford, has been charged with the murder of Iron Miah.
He has also been charged with possession with intent to supply cocaine, heroin, cannabis and MDMA, possession of a firearm.
Mr Afflick-McLeod, 28, is due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today, Saturday, January 11.
Police were called on Tuesday, November 19, to Nelson Street, after 40-year-old Mr Miah was found collapsed with a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended, and Mr Miah was taken to hospital.
He died on Thursday, November 21 and his family are being supported by specialist officers.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 7 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
A post-mortem examination held on November 25 determined the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the head.
Three men have previously been charged with Mr Miah's murder. They are all due to appear at the Old Bailey on February 14.