Fourth man charged with murder in connection with Whitechapel shooting
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives investigating the murder of a man in Whitechapel have charged a fourth man with murder.
Antonio Afflick-McLeod, of Mayfair Avenue, Ilford, has been charged with the murder of Iron Miah.
He has also been charged with possession with intent to supply cocaine, heroin, cannabis and MDMA, possession of a firearm.
Mr Afflick-McLeod, 28, is due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court today, Saturday, January 11.
Police were called on Tuesday, November 19, to Nelson Street, after 40-year-old Mr Miah was found collapsed with a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended, and Mr Miah was taken to hospital.
He died on Thursday, November 21 and his family are being supported by specialist officers.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
A post-mortem examination held on November 25 determined the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the head.
Three men have previously been charged with Mr Miah's murder. They are all due to appear at the Old Bailey on February 14.