Further arrest over Bethnal Green stabbing of Joel Adesina
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old was arrested today on suspicion of murdering teenager Joel Adesina in Bethnal Green.
The man remains in custody at an east London police station after being arrested in Hackney in the early hours of the morning.
Joel, 15, from Dagenham, died three hours after being stabbed in Bethnal Green Road on December 5.
Two men, aged 23 and 24, and a woman aged 24 were arrested on suspicion of murder three days later and bailed to return later this month pending further enquiries.
Another man, 22, and a woman aged 18 were bailed pending further enquiries after being arrested on December 15.
A 20-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder in Beccles, Suffolk, on December 14 is the only person so far to be charged in connection with Joel’s death.
Anyone with information can call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed