Further arrest over Bethnal Green stabbing of Joel Adesina
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old was arrested today on suspicion of murdering teenager Joel Adesina in Bethnal Green.
The man remains in custody at an east London police station after being arrested in Hackney in the early hours of the morning.
Joel, 15, from Dagenham, died three hours after being stabbed in Bethnal Green Road on December 5.
Two men, aged 23 and 24, and a woman aged 24 were arrested on suspicion of murder three days later and bailed to return later this month pending further enquiries.
Another man, 22, and a woman aged 18 were bailed pending further enquiries after being arrested on December 15.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder in Beccles, Suffolk, on December 14 is the only person so far to be charged in connection with Joel’s death.
Anyone with information can call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?