Further arrest over Joel Adesina stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man was arrested yesterday over the stabbing of Dagenham teenager Joel Adesina in Bethnal Green.
Police took him into custody in London after arresting him on suspicion of murder in Beccles, Suffolk.
Joel, 15, died three hours after being stabbed in a street fight late on Friday, December 5.
The teenager had been walking with friends near Bethnal Green Road when they got into an argument just before 11pm. The group were pursued into Padbury Court where Joel was then stabbed.
Two men aged 23 and 24 were arrested and taken into custody at separate North London police stations on December 8.
A 24-year-old woman arrested on the same day has been released on bail.
Detectives are still appealing for information.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
The incident room can be contacted on 020 8345 3734. Alternatively anyone with information can call the police non-emergency line on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.