Further arrest over Joel Adesina stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man was arrested yesterday over the stabbing of Dagenham teenager Joel Adesina in Bethnal Green.
Police took him into custody in London after arresting him on suspicion of murder in Beccles, Suffolk.
Joel, 15, died three hours after being stabbed in a street fight late on Friday, December 5.
The teenager had been walking with friends near Bethnal Green Road when they got into an argument just before 11pm. The group were pursued into Padbury Court where Joel was then stabbed.
Two men aged 23 and 24 were arrested and taken into custody at separate North London police stations on December 8.
You may also want to watch:
A 24-year-old woman arrested on the same day has been released on bail.
Detectives are still appealing for information.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
The incident room can be contacted on 020 8345 3734. Alternatively anyone with information can call the police non-emergency line on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.