Gang of Brick Lane drug dealers sentenced
- Credit: Archant
Five drug dealers who sold to weekend revellers in Brick Lane have been locked up in a young offenders’ institute.
The group, who sold Class A drugs to party-goers in the smoking area outside nightclubs, were targeted in a police operation throughout last summer.
Amine Sugule, Abdi Rahman Shireh, Abdi Yusuf, all 20, were sentenced alongside 19-year-olds Mohammed Jama and Usaama Ahmed at Snaresbrook Crown Court last week.
Det Insp John Cracknell said: “This investigation is an excellent example of the impact the police can have on organised criminal groups when different departments and other stakeholders work in partnership.
“The operation was borne out of intelligence gathered by Tower Hamlets borough. However it was led by the London Crime Squad, which gathered overwhelming evidence that led to all the subjects pleading guilty at the earliest opportunity.”
You may also want to watch:
The five men sentenced all pleaded guilty to being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs.
Two further members of the gang of eight cannot be named for legal reasons, while one was sentenced at an earlier hearing.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 6 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 7 Protest rally over Uyghur Muslims planned at China’s new Royal Mint embassy
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
Sugule, of Smythe Street, Poplar was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in a young offenders’ institute (YOI); Shireh, of Harford Street, Stepney was given three-and-a-half years at a YOI; Yusuf, of Abbot Road, Blackwall, received two years at a YOI; Jama, of Knapp Road, Bow received 15 months at a YOI; and Ahmed, of Bacon Street, Shoreditch received two-and-a-half years at a YOI.