Gemma McCluskie: Body found feared to be that of missing EastEnders actress
A headless torso pulled out of Regents Canal is feared to be that of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie.
Police have launched a murder investigation after the limbless body was discovered close to the Broadway Market stretch of the canal at 2.40pm yesterday.
A police spokeswoman said: “At this early stage officers believe they know the identity of the victim but must await further forensic tests before formal identification can take place.”
Gemma, 29, of Bethnal Green, who starred as Kerry Skinner in 30 episodes of EastEnders, has been missing since last Thursday.
Messages are being posted by friends and family on Facebook and Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
A 35-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the body found.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 8 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow