Gemma McCluskie: Body found feared to be that of missing EastEnders actress
A headless torso pulled out of Regents Canal is feared to be that of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie.
Police have launched a murder investigation after the limbless body was discovered close to the Broadway Market stretch of the canal at 2.40pm yesterday.
A police spokeswoman said: “At this early stage officers believe they know the identity of the victim but must await further forensic tests before formal identification can take place.”
Gemma, 29, of Bethnal Green, who starred as Kerry Skinner in 30 episodes of EastEnders, has been missing since last Thursday.
Messages are being posted by friends and family on Facebook and Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
A 35-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the body found.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020