Gemma McCluskie: Body found feared to be that of missing EastEnders actress
A headless torso pulled out of Regents Canal is feared to be that of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie.
Police have launched a murder investigation after the limbless body was discovered close to the Broadway Market stretch of the canal at 2.40pm yesterday.
A police spokeswoman said: “At this early stage officers believe they know the identity of the victim but must await further forensic tests before formal identification can take place.”
Gemma, 29, of Bethnal Green, who starred as Kerry Skinner in 30 episodes of EastEnders, has been missing since last Thursday.
Messages are being posted by friends and family on Facebook and Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
A 35-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the body found.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 4 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 7 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 8 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 9 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 10 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted