Gemma McCluskie: Body found feared to be that of missing EastEnders actress
A headless torso pulled out of Regents Canal is feared to be that of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie.
Police have launched a murder investigation after the limbless body was discovered close to the Broadway Market stretch of the canal at 2.40pm yesterday.
A police spokeswoman said: “At this early stage officers believe they know the identity of the victim but must await further forensic tests before formal identification can take place.”
Gemma, 29, of Bethnal Green, who starred as Kerry Skinner in 30 episodes of EastEnders, has been missing since last Thursday.
Messages are being posted by friends and family on Facebook and Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
A 35-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the body found.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green