Gemma McCluskie: Divers widen search for body believed to be missing EastEnders actress in Regents Canal
Police marine divers are today widening their search for more body parts after a woman’s torso was found in an East End canal.
The frogmen will be searching further down the stretch of the Regents Canal near Broadway Market, where what a police spokeswoman described as a “very small” torso was found on Tuesday.
The divers will scouring the canal looking for a head, arms and legs.
The body is believed to be that of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie, who disappeared from her home on Pelter Street, off Hackney Road, a week ago. Ms McCluskie is 5ft 1in (1.5m) tall with straight black hair.
A post mortem of the body is still being carried out and the body is not expected to be formally identified until Friday.
You may also want to watch:
A 35-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the body found. It’s been widely reported that the man arrested is the actress’s brother.
Anyone who may have seen anything suspicious around the Regent’s Canal area in Hackney, or who has any information, should call the Incident Room on 020 8345 3985 or to remain anonymous Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green