Gemma McCluskie: Divers widen search for body believed to be missing EastEnders actress in Regents Canal
Police marine divers are today widening their search for more body parts after a woman’s torso was found in an East End canal.
The frogmen will be searching further down the stretch of the Regents Canal near Broadway Market, where what a police spokeswoman described as a “very small” torso was found on Tuesday.
The divers will scouring the canal looking for a head, arms and legs.
The body is believed to be that of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie, who disappeared from her home on Pelter Street, off Hackney Road, a week ago. Ms McCluskie is 5ft 1in (1.5m) tall with straight black hair.
A post mortem of the body is still being carried out and the body is not expected to be formally identified until Friday.
You may also want to watch:
A 35-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the body found. It’s been widely reported that the man arrested is the actress’s brother.
Anyone who may have seen anything suspicious around the Regent’s Canal area in Hackney, or who has any information, should call the Incident Room on 020 8345 3985 or to remain anonymous Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow