Gemma McCluskie: Divers widen search for body believed to be missing EastEnders actress in Regents Canal
Police marine divers are today widening their search for more body parts after a woman’s torso was found in an East End canal.
The frogmen will be searching further down the stretch of the Regents Canal near Broadway Market, where what a police spokeswoman described as a “very small” torso was found on Tuesday.
The divers will scouring the canal looking for a head, arms and legs.
The body is believed to be that of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie, who disappeared from her home on Pelter Street, off Hackney Road, a week ago. Ms McCluskie is 5ft 1in (1.5m) tall with straight black hair.
A post mortem of the body is still being carried out and the body is not expected to be formally identified until Friday.
You may also want to watch:
A 35-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the body found. It’s been widely reported that the man arrested is the actress’s brother.
Anyone who may have seen anything suspicious around the Regent’s Canal area in Hackney, or who has any information, should call the Incident Room on 020 8345 3985 or to remain anonymous Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start