Gemma McCluskie EastEnders actress: Second man arrested in murder probe
A second man has been arrested in connection with the murder of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie.
Detectives investigating the killing detained a 35-year-old man on Friday on suspicion of being concerned in the murder.
Today, he was released on police bail pending further inquiries until a date in May.
Miss McCluskie’s brother, Tony McCluskie, 35, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on March 12, charged with Miss McCluskie’s murder. He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey at a future date.
Miss McCluskie’s torso was discovered in Regent’s Canal near Broadway Market, east London, on Tuesday March 6.
You may also want to watch:
More body parts have since been recovered from the canal.
The actress, 29, who played Kerry Skinner in the BBC soap in 2001, went missing following the opening of the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, east London.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided