Gemma McCluskie EastEnders actress: Second man arrested in murder probe
A second man has been arrested in connection with the murder of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie.
Detectives investigating the killing detained a 35-year-old man on Friday on suspicion of being concerned in the murder.
Today, he was released on police bail pending further inquiries until a date in May.
Miss McCluskie’s brother, Tony McCluskie, 35, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on March 12, charged with Miss McCluskie’s murder. He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey at a future date.
Miss McCluskie’s torso was discovered in Regent’s Canal near Broadway Market, east London, on Tuesday March 6.
You may also want to watch:
More body parts have since been recovered from the canal.
The actress, 29, who played Kerry Skinner in the BBC soap in 2001, went missing following the opening of the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, east London.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out