Gemma McCluskie EastEnders actress: Second man arrested in murder probe
A second man has been arrested in connection with the murder of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie.
Detectives investigating the killing detained a 35-year-old man on Friday on suspicion of being concerned in the murder.
Today, he was released on police bail pending further inquiries until a date in May.
Miss McCluskie’s brother, Tony McCluskie, 35, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on March 12, charged with Miss McCluskie’s murder. He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey at a future date.
Miss McCluskie’s torso was discovered in Regent’s Canal near Broadway Market, east London, on Tuesday March 6.
You may also want to watch:
More body parts have since been recovered from the canal.
The actress, 29, who played Kerry Skinner in the BBC soap in 2001, went missing following the opening of the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, east London.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney