Family and friends of Gemma McCluskie of Bethnal Green are desperate for news after unidentified body found in East End
Family and friends of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie from Bethnal Green are desperately waiting for news after a body was found in an East End canal.
Police were called to reports of a body found in the Regents Canal
near Broadway Market, at about 2.40pm, yesterday.
A friend of Gemma said: “We fear and hope for Gemma, and hope this has nothing to do with Gemma.”
Friends have also been posting messages online asking people to light candles for Gemma and keep their hopes up.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are underway to establish the identity of the deceased, according to police.
A police spokesman said: “A post-mortem will be scheduled in due course. At this moment the death is being treated as unexplained.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Gemma, who starred as Kerry Skinner in 30 episodes of Eastenders, has been missing since last Thursday.
Anyone with information should call police on 0207 275 4589.