Family and friends of Gemma McCluskie of Bethnal Green are desperate for news after unidentified body found in East End
Family and friends of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie from Bethnal Green are desperately waiting for news after a body was found in an East End canal.
Police were called to reports of a body found in the Regents Canal
near Broadway Market, at about 2.40pm, yesterday.
A friend of Gemma said: “We fear and hope for Gemma, and hope this has nothing to do with Gemma.”
Friends have also been posting messages online asking people to light candles for Gemma and keep their hopes up.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are underway to establish the identity of the deceased, according to police.
A police spokesman said: “A post-mortem will be scheduled in due course. At this moment the death is being treated as unexplained.”
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
Gemma, who starred as Kerry Skinner in 30 episodes of Eastenders, has been missing since last Thursday.
Anyone with information should call police on 0207 275 4589.