Family and friends of Gemma McCluskie of Bethnal Green are desperate for news after unidentified body found in East End
Family and friends of missing EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie from Bethnal Green are desperately waiting for news after a body was found in an East End canal.
Police were called to reports of a body found in the Regents Canal
near Broadway Market, at about 2.40pm, yesterday.
A friend of Gemma said: “We fear and hope for Gemma, and hope this has nothing to do with Gemma.”
Friends have also been posting messages online asking people to light candles for Gemma and keep their hopes up.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are underway to establish the identity of the deceased, according to police.
A police spokesman said: “A post-mortem will be scheduled in due course. At this moment the death is being treated as unexplained.”
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 8 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 9 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
Gemma, who starred as Kerry Skinner in 30 episodes of Eastenders, has been missing since last Thursday.
Anyone with information should call police on 0207 275 4589.