Gemma McCluskie murder trial: Neighbours heard Tony wailing, court hears
- Credit: submitted
Tony McCluskie, accused of murdering former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie, is a “brazen and manipulative liar”, court hears.
Prosecutor Mr Aylett said neighbours heard Tony McCluskie wailing: "I'm sorry, I must have been out of my mind" as he hacked the body apart.
"No doubt he was sorry. No doubt he could not believe what he had done,' the prosecutor today told jurors at the Old Bailey.
"But the truth is he lost his temper and lost his temper badly, such as to take a weapon to Gemma and hit her from behind twice. "He asked the jury whether Tony's memory blackout explanation could possibly be true.
"This man is a brazen and manipulative liar. He knew perfectly well what he had done all along, he said.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Aylett said when he was trying to conceal the murder Tony had been driven by adrenaline.
He concluded: "It was only when he took a step back that he realised the true, irreversible horror of the steps he had taken to try and protect himself.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
"The truth is his tears are only for himself for what he did and for the fact he does not have the strength of character, the integrity, or the common decency to admit what he has done.
"Why can't he? Because the truth is simply too terrible."