Gemma McCluskie murder trial: Neighbours heard Tony wailing, court hears
- Credit: submitted
Tony McCluskie, accused of murdering former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie, is a “brazen and manipulative liar”, court hears.
Prosecutor Mr Aylett said neighbours heard Tony McCluskie wailing: "I'm sorry, I must have been out of my mind" as he hacked the body apart.
"No doubt he was sorry. No doubt he could not believe what he had done,' the prosecutor today told jurors at the Old Bailey.
"But the truth is he lost his temper and lost his temper badly, such as to take a weapon to Gemma and hit her from behind twice. "He asked the jury whether Tony's memory blackout explanation could possibly be true.
"This man is a brazen and manipulative liar. He knew perfectly well what he had done all along, he said.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Aylett said when he was trying to conceal the murder Tony had been driven by adrenaline.
He concluded: "It was only when he took a step back that he realised the true, irreversible horror of the steps he had taken to try and protect himself.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
"The truth is his tears are only for himself for what he did and for the fact he does not have the strength of character, the integrity, or the common decency to admit what he has done.
"Why can't he? Because the truth is simply too terrible."