Fundraising page set up to support family of Poplar stab victim
- Credit: Google
A fundraising page has been set up to help the family of a man stabbed to death in Poplar.
Gleb Stanislavovitch Zhebrovsky, also known as Gleb Stalnoy, died after being stabbed in Alton Street shortly before 2pm on Saturday, June 15.
The 34-year-old, who lived in Poplar, was originally from Russia and some of the money raised will be used to repatriate his body.
The fundraising page was set up by Gleb's friend Iuri Santos, who wrote: "Unfortunately Gleb does not have any immediate family in the country, therefore as his good friend I am trying to raise money for Gleb's mother Natalya, who lives in Ukraine and would often receive money from Gleb to support her in her retirement.
"Sadly, with the passing of Gleb his mother does not have any regular income."
You may also want to watch:
Yasin Omar Amare, 28, of Pawleyne Close, Penge, has been charged with Gleb's murder.
To donate to the fundraising page, visit gofundme.com/f/proceeding039s-to-family-of-victim
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area