Fundraising page set up to support family of Poplar stab victim
- Credit: Google
A fundraising page has been set up to help the family of a man stabbed to death in Poplar.
Gleb Stanislavovitch Zhebrovsky, also known as Gleb Stalnoy, died after being stabbed in Alton Street shortly before 2pm on Saturday, June 15.
The 34-year-old, who lived in Poplar, was originally from Russia and some of the money raised will be used to repatriate his body.
The fundraising page was set up by Gleb's friend Iuri Santos, who wrote: "Unfortunately Gleb does not have any immediate family in the country, therefore as his good friend I am trying to raise money for Gleb's mother Natalya, who lives in Ukraine and would often receive money from Gleb to support her in her retirement.
"Sadly, with the passing of Gleb his mother does not have any regular income."
You may also want to watch:
Yasin Omar Amare, 28, of Pawleyne Close, Penge, has been charged with Gleb's murder.
To donate to the fundraising page, visit gofundme.com/f/proceeding039s-to-family-of-victim
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings