Fundraising page set up to support family of Poplar stab victim
- Credit: Google
A fundraising page has been set up to help the family of a man stabbed to death in Poplar.
Gleb Stanislavovitch Zhebrovsky, also known as Gleb Stalnoy, died after being stabbed in Alton Street shortly before 2pm on Saturday, June 15.
The 34-year-old, who lived in Poplar, was originally from Russia and some of the money raised will be used to repatriate his body.
The fundraising page was set up by Gleb's friend Iuri Santos, who wrote: "Unfortunately Gleb does not have any immediate family in the country, therefore as his good friend I am trying to raise money for Gleb's mother Natalya, who lives in Ukraine and would often receive money from Gleb to support her in her retirement.
"Sadly, with the passing of Gleb his mother does not have any regular income."
You may also want to watch:
Yasin Omar Amare, 28, of Pawleyne Close, Penge, has been charged with Gleb's murder.
To donate to the fundraising page, visit gofundme.com/f/proceeding039s-to-family-of-victim
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns