Appeal after boy, 17, slashed in head in Bethnal Green street fight
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a fight in which a teenager was slashed in the head.
The 17-year-old spent six days in hospital as a result of his injury, which was initially treated as life-threatening.
A 15-year-old boy was also found near to the scene of the Globe Road, Bethnal Green fight with a minor slash wound to the hand.
Now officers are looking for anyone who saw the fight, which happened at around 3.45pm on Friday, May 17, to come forward.
Det Con Greg Adams said: "This was a nasty incident and it was pure luck that [the 17-year-old] was not more seriously injured.
"We are exploring a number of lines of enquiry and determining the circumstances which led to the fight.
"The motive behind the attack is still being established.
- 1 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 2 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 3 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 4 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 5 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 6 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 7 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 8 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 9 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 10 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
"This happened in the middle of the day in Bethnal Green and we are sure that there are more people who saw this who have yet to share what they know."
Officers have already made four arrests - the injured 15-year-old plus three other boys, two aged 15 and one aged 16. All have been bailed until a date in June.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting CAD4942/17May2019 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.