Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- Credit: Met Police
A driver with a woman passenger was threatened at gunpoint when his BMW was carjacked in east London near the Blackwall Tunnel approach road.
One of the gang of three shouted ''get out or I'll shoot you'' pointing a gun and knife during the hijack at Priory Street in Bromley-by-Bow at around 2.50am on Thursday June 3.
"This incident has left the victims shaken," Det Con Sasha Halai said. "A number of people saw what happened and we're appealing to them to get in touch.
"Any detail, photos or videos could help find the suspects who are potentially armed."
The driver was parking in Priory Street when two men approached on either side coming from St Leonard's Street and demanded that he open the door and get out.
But he refused. His passenger dialled 999 and the two appeared to have left the scene.
The same two approached again after the driver and passenger felt safe enough to opened the doors.
- 1 Bow flat fire caused by sunlight on glass bottle
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Fire brigade raises concerns over 51-storey Canary Wharf tower plans
- 4 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 5 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 6 Crossrail: Canary Wharf station ready as Elizabeth Line nears opening
- 7 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 8 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 9 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 10 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
They repeated their demand to get out. The driver again refused — until one of them pointed a gun and a knife at him.
"Get out quickly or I'll shoot you,'' the driver was ordered.
The driver and his passenger got out, in fear of their lives.
The men got into the white BMW, joined by a third man, then drove off at speed.
They are described in their 20s, black, slim build, wearing dark tracksuits and balaclavas covering their faces with only their eyes being visible.
Police have been looking for the white BMW 3 Series with number plate KN17 KCX and are appealing to the public to call them if they see it.
"The recovery of the BMW is vital as we don’t want to lose any forensic opportunities," Det Con Halai added.
Witnesses and anyone with information are being asked to call 101, with reference CAD800/3 June, or anonymously to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.