Police charge 18 people following drug raids across Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Havering
- Credit: Archant
A woman and 17 men have been charged with conspiracy to supply class A drugs following a series of police raids targeting suspected dealers in Bethnal Green.
Officers stormed 19 addresses in Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Havering on February 14 and yesterday as part of a proactive operation.
Luke Gratton, 29 of Ramsey Street, Bethnal Green, Brendan Vickers, 25, of Cyprus Street, Bethnal Green, Abdul Koyes, 31, of Gaverick Mews, Millwall, Rezwanul Choudhury, 22, of Frank Whipple Place, Limehouse, Abu Sherwan Choudhury, 23, of Charles Road, Dagenham, Akbar Hussain, 28, Puma Court, Shoreditch, Kevin Tighe, 48, Derbyshire Street, Bethnal Green, Rukhon Ahmed, 29, and Dilraj Miah, 28, both of Romford Road, Forest Gate, have been remanded to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 15.
Abdul Goni, 26, of Pedley Street, Bethnal Green, Abdul Rob Goni, 31, of Maltings Close, Bow, and Zack Sullivan, 25, of St Lawrence Street, Poplar, have been bailed to also appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 15.
Kenneth Gratton, 55, of Washington Close, Bromley-By-Bow, has been bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on March 18.
You may also want to watch:
Shaan Ali, 27, of Manchester Road, Isle of Dogs, Abdul Kahn, 19, of Nelson Walk, Bromley-By-Bow, and Paul Burnett, 27, of St Marks’ Place, Dagenham, have been remanded to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
Denise Paul, 31, of Morning Lane, Hackney, has been bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on March 22.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
Two men aged 24 and 32 who were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply Class A drugs have been released under police investigation.
A 31-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of possession of a Class B drug was given a fixed penalty notice.