Haggerston man appears in court accused of Lea Adri-Soejok murder in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
A Haggerston man has appeared in court accused of murdering an 80-year-old woman whose body was found in an allotment in Colindale.
Rahim Mohammadi, 40, of Goldsmiths Row, is charged with killing Lea Adri-Soejok before dumping her body inside a lock-up store at the allotments in Sheaveshill Avenue.
Mrs Adri-Soejok, who was also well-known by her maiden name of Lea Hulselman, had been reported missing last Tuesday at 1.40am and her body was discovered by police 25 minutes later.
A post mortem report revealed she had been strangled.
Mohammadi was arrested on Friday and charged last night.
Today he appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court and was remanded in custody.
He will appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
- 1 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 5 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 6 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 7 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 8 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 9 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 10 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Detectives investigating her killing will be in the area of the allotments between 2pm and 6pm today.
They will be speaking to local residents and motorists in the hope of finding potential witnesses.