Haggerston man appears in court accused of Lea Adri-Soejok murder in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
A Haggerston man has appeared in court accused of murdering an 80-year-old woman whose body was found in an allotment in Colindale.
Rahim Mohammadi, 40, of Goldsmiths Row, is charged with killing Lea Adri-Soejok before dumping her body inside a lock-up store at the allotments in Sheaveshill Avenue.
Mrs Adri-Soejok, who was also well-known by her maiden name of Lea Hulselman, had been reported missing last Tuesday at 1.40am and her body was discovered by police 25 minutes later.
A post mortem report revealed she had been strangled.
Mohammadi was arrested on Friday and charged last night.
You may also want to watch:
Today he appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court and was remanded in custody.
He will appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
Detectives investigating her killing will be in the area of the allotments between 2pm and 6pm today.
They will be speaking to local residents and motorists in the hope of finding potential witnesses.