Haggerston man appears in court accused of Lea Adri-Soejok murder in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
A Haggerston man has appeared in court accused of murdering an 80-year-old woman whose body was found in an allotment in Colindale.
Rahim Mohammadi, 40, of Goldsmiths Row, is charged with killing Lea Adri-Soejok before dumping her body inside a lock-up store at the allotments in Sheaveshill Avenue.
Mrs Adri-Soejok, who was also well-known by her maiden name of Lea Hulselman, had been reported missing last Tuesday at 1.40am and her body was discovered by police 25 minutes later.
A post mortem report revealed she had been strangled.
Mohammadi was arrested on Friday and charged last night.
You may also want to watch:
Today he appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court and was remanded in custody.
He will appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
Detectives investigating her killing will be in the area of the allotments between 2pm and 6pm today.
They will be speaking to local residents and motorists in the hope of finding potential witnesses.