Haggerston man appears in court accused of Lea Adri-Soejok murder in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
A Haggerston man has appeared in court accused of murdering an 80-year-old woman whose body was found in an allotment in Colindale.
Rahim Mohammadi, 40, of Goldsmiths Row, is charged with killing Lea Adri-Soejok before dumping her body inside a lock-up store at the allotments in Sheaveshill Avenue.
Mrs Adri-Soejok, who was also well-known by her maiden name of Lea Hulselman, had been reported missing last Tuesday at 1.40am and her body was discovered by police 25 minutes later.
A post mortem report revealed she had been strangled.
Mohammadi was arrested on Friday and charged last night.
You may also want to watch:
Today he appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court and was remanded in custody.
He will appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
Detectives investigating her killing will be in the area of the allotments between 2pm and 6pm today.
They will be speaking to local residents and motorists in the hope of finding potential witnesses.