Haggerston man appears in court accused of Lea Adri-Soejok murder in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
A Haggerston man has appeared in court accused of murdering an 80-year-old woman whose body was found in an allotment in Colindale.
Rahim Mohammadi, 40, of Goldsmiths Row, is charged with killing Lea Adri-Soejok before dumping her body inside a lock-up store at the allotments in Sheaveshill Avenue.
Mrs Adri-Soejok, who was also well-known by her maiden name of Lea Hulselman, had been reported missing last Tuesday at 1.40am and her body was discovered by police 25 minutes later.
A post mortem report revealed she had been strangled.
Mohammadi was arrested on Friday and charged last night.
You may also want to watch:
Today he appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court and was remanded in custody.
He will appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
Detectives investigating her killing will be in the area of the allotments between 2pm and 6pm today.
They will be speaking to local residents and motorists in the hope of finding potential witnesses.