Have-a-go heroine steps in to rescue mum and son from vicious Stepney Green assault
- Credit: Archant
A have-a-go heroine hairdresser cut in just in time to chase away a thug who launched a vicious attack on a helpless mum outside a salon.
Lisa Dean was leapt to the rescue as the defenceless victim and her young son were caught up in a brutal attack, with the man landing up to 30 punches on the woman.
Lisa, 41, looked on as the man launched the vicious assault at a cash point outside John Lester Hair Design in Globe Road, Stepney Green, after accusing the woman of cutting in the line.
“The man was very agitated,” she said. “I said ‘he’s going to do something silly’ – I could see it.”
He then launched the attack on his victim, prompting a timely intervention from feisty Lisa.
You may also want to watch:
“I ran out of the shop to get him off her and pushed him away”, she said. “I’ve done self-defence classes so I can handle myself!
“I’ve never seen violence like it. They were having a proper fight - he was punching her like she was a man.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
“If I didn’t jump in he would have carried on. He was going for it.”
After the man fled from the scene with another driver, Lisa brought the mum – who asked to remain anonymous - into the salon, before she was taken to the Royal London Hospital for treatment.
Police confirmed a 33-year-old man had been arrested and bailed until March in relation to the incident.