Have-a-go heroine steps in to rescue mum and son from vicious Stepney Green assault
- Credit: Archant
A have-a-go heroine hairdresser cut in just in time to chase away a thug who launched a vicious attack on a helpless mum outside a salon.
Lisa Dean was leapt to the rescue as the defenceless victim and her young son were caught up in a brutal attack, with the man landing up to 30 punches on the woman.
Lisa, 41, looked on as the man launched the vicious assault at a cash point outside John Lester Hair Design in Globe Road, Stepney Green, after accusing the woman of cutting in the line.
“The man was very agitated,” she said. “I said ‘he’s going to do something silly’ – I could see it.”
He then launched the attack on his victim, prompting a timely intervention from feisty Lisa.
You may also want to watch:
“I ran out of the shop to get him off her and pushed him away”, she said. “I’ve done self-defence classes so I can handle myself!
“I’ve never seen violence like it. They were having a proper fight - he was punching her like she was a man.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
“If I didn’t jump in he would have carried on. He was going for it.”
After the man fled from the scene with another driver, Lisa brought the mum – who asked to remain anonymous - into the salon, before she was taken to the Royal London Hospital for treatment.
Police confirmed a 33-year-old man had been arrested and bailed until March in relation to the incident.