Hit-and-run in Bow leaves man, 54, fighting for his life
- Credit: Archant
A man has been left fighting for his life following a hit and run involving a van in Bow.
The 54-year-old sustained serious head injuries and is in a critical condition after he was hit by the dark coloured vehicle in Bow Road on Sunday evening.
The driver did not stop following the crash at around 9.45pm.
Detective Sergeant Stephen Pidgeon, investigating officer, said: “A man has been left in a critical condition and it is of paramount importance that anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information comes forward.
“We know that at least one passing vehicle witnessed the incident as the occupants of this vehicle stopped at the scene and provided first aid to the victim.
You may also want to watch:
“Given the time of evening and that there is a tube station in close proximity there would have been a number of people who may have seen the lead up to the collision or the incident itself.
“I would urge anyone with any information no matter how small to get in contact.”
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus
Anyone with any information should call Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.