Hit-and-run in Bow leaves man, 54, fighting for his life
- Credit: Archant
A man has been left fighting for his life following a hit and run involving a van in Bow.
The 54-year-old sustained serious head injuries and is in a critical condition after he was hit by the dark coloured vehicle in Bow Road on Sunday evening.
The driver did not stop following the crash at around 9.45pm.
Detective Sergeant Stephen Pidgeon, investigating officer, said: “A man has been left in a critical condition and it is of paramount importance that anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information comes forward.
“We know that at least one passing vehicle witnessed the incident as the occupants of this vehicle stopped at the scene and provided first aid to the victim.
You may also want to watch:
“Given the time of evening and that there is a tube station in close proximity there would have been a number of people who may have seen the lead up to the collision or the incident itself.
“I would urge anyone with any information no matter how small to get in contact.”
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
Anyone with any information should call Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.