Man in court charged with Mile End house party murder
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A 22-year-old man will appear in court today accused of murdering a man at a house party in Mile End.
Lamar Stewart, 21, was stabbed to death after a fight broke out in Ropery Street early on Saturday, September 30.
Police found him lying in a pool of his own blood in nearby Eric Street shortly after 2.30am.
Salman Ahmed, of no fixed address, will today appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today charged with murdering Lamar.
The 22-year-old had been charged in connection to the attack on Saturday.
Officers have also arrested a 21-year-old man on suspicion of murder, who remains on bail until a date in late December.
Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 2 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 5 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 6 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 7 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 8 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 9 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 10 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
They ask anyone with information on the incident to call the incident room on 020 8345 3865 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.