Man in court charged with Mile End house party murder
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A 22-year-old man will appear in court today accused of murdering a man at a house party in Mile End.
Lamar Stewart, 21, was stabbed to death after a fight broke out in Ropery Street early on Saturday, September 30.
Police found him lying in a pool of his own blood in nearby Eric Street shortly after 2.30am.
Salman Ahmed, of no fixed address, will today appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today charged with murdering Lamar.
The 22-year-old had been charged in connection to the attack on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have also arrested a 21-year-old man on suspicion of murder, who remains on bail until a date in late December.
Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 8 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 9 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 10 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
They ask anyone with information on the incident to call the incident room on 020 8345 3865 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.