Man in court charged with Mile End house party murder
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A 22-year-old man will appear in court today accused of murdering a man at a house party in Mile End.
Lamar Stewart, 21, was stabbed to death after a fight broke out in Ropery Street early on Saturday, September 30.
Police found him lying in a pool of his own blood in nearby Eric Street shortly after 2.30am.
Salman Ahmed, of no fixed address, will today appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today charged with murdering Lamar.
The 22-year-old had been charged in connection to the attack on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have also arrested a 21-year-old man on suspicion of murder, who remains on bail until a date in late December.
Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
They ask anyone with information on the incident to call the incident room on 020 8345 3865 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.