Brothel raids: Couple from Poplar held on suspicion of human trafficking
- Credit: Google
A couple from Poplar have been arrested on suspicion of human trafficking after police raided properties believed to be used as brothels.
The 30-year-old man and 34-year-old woman were among five people arrested by Essex Police after the raids in Colchester.
Officers served arrest warrants at addresses in Brentwood, Basildon, Colchester and Southend.
Three other people were also being "safeguarded" in addition to those arrested, Essex police have confirmed.
Three women are among those being held in custody for questioning, the 34-year-old from Poplar as well as a 39-year-old from Southend and 53-year-old from Basildon.
You may also want to watch:
Two men under arrest are the 30-year-old from Poplar and a 47-year-old from Finsbury Park in north London.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 8 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 9 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 10 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape