Brothel raids: Couple from Poplar held on suspicion of human trafficking
- Credit: Google
A couple from Poplar have been arrested on suspicion of human trafficking after police raided properties believed to be used as brothels.
The 30-year-old man and 34-year-old woman were among five people arrested by Essex Police after the raids in Colchester.
Officers served arrest warrants at addresses in Brentwood, Basildon, Colchester and Southend.
Three other people were also being "safeguarded" in addition to those arrested, Essex police have confirmed.
Three women are among those being held in custody for questioning, the 34-year-old from Poplar as well as a 39-year-old from Southend and 53-year-old from Basildon.
You may also want to watch:
Two men under arrest are the 30-year-old from Poplar and a 47-year-old from Finsbury Park in north London.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020