Brothel raids: Couple from Poplar held on suspicion of human trafficking
- Credit: Google
A couple from Poplar have been arrested on suspicion of human trafficking after police raided properties believed to be used as brothels.
The 30-year-old man and 34-year-old woman were among five people arrested by Essex Police after the raids in Colchester.
Officers served arrest warrants at addresses in Brentwood, Basildon, Colchester and Southend.
Three other people were also being "safeguarded" in addition to those arrested, Essex police have confirmed.
Three women are among those being held in custody for questioning, the 34-year-old from Poplar as well as a 39-year-old from Southend and 53-year-old from Basildon.
You may also want to watch:
Two men under arrest are the 30-year-old from Poplar and a 47-year-old from Finsbury Park in north London.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 9 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip