Hunt after man on weapons charge escapes from Thames Court
A man is on the run after attacking a court official at Thames Magistrates court in London’s East End as he was being remanded on a weapons charge.
Police have named 20-year-old Kerol Farquharson as the man they are hunting.
His break-out came when he was told by magistrates he was going to be held in custody to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court, charged with possessing a knife as an offensive weapon after being arrested in Hackney.
He struggled with a custody officer before escaping from the building in Bow Road yesterday (Tues).
Kerol (pictured), from Mape Street in Bethnal Green, is described as mixed race, slim, 5ft 10ins tall, with a scar on his left cheek.
You may also want to watch:
Police are advising the public not to approach him, but to dial 999, contact Bethnal Green Police station on 020-8217 3848, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?