Hunt after man on weapons charge escapes from Thames Court
A man is on the run after attacking a court official at Thames Magistrates court in London’s East End as he was being remanded on a weapons charge.
Police have named 20-year-old Kerol Farquharson as the man they are hunting.
His break-out came when he was told by magistrates he was going to be held in custody to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court, charged with possessing a knife as an offensive weapon after being arrested in Hackney.
He struggled with a custody officer before escaping from the building in Bow Road yesterday (Tues).
Kerol (pictured), from Mape Street in Bethnal Green, is described as mixed race, slim, 5ft 10ins tall, with a scar on his left cheek.
You may also want to watch:
Police are advising the public not to approach him, but to dial 999, contact Bethnal Green Police station on 020-8217 3848, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse