Hunt after man on weapons charge escapes from Thames Court
A man is on the run after attacking a court official at Thames Magistrates court in London’s East End as he was being remanded on a weapons charge.
Police have named 20-year-old Kerol Farquharson as the man they are hunting.
His break-out came when he was told by magistrates he was going to be held in custody to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court, charged with possessing a knife as an offensive weapon after being arrested in Hackney.
He struggled with a custody officer before escaping from the building in Bow Road yesterday (Tues).
Kerol (pictured), from Mape Street in Bethnal Green, is described as mixed race, slim, 5ft 10ins tall, with a scar on his left cheek.
You may also want to watch:
Police are advising the public not to approach him, but to dial 999, contact Bethnal Green Police station on 020-8217 3848, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'