Hunt for man who sexually assaulted girl, 16, on tube
- Credit: BTP
Detectives investigating the sexual assault of a teenage girl have released images of a man they would like to speak to.
The 16-year-old was travelling on the Jubilee Line between Canary Wharf and North Greenwich stations at around 6pm on Monday, June 9, when she was touched inappropriately by a man on the train.
The girl’s mother confronted him and reported the incident to a member of staff at North Greenwich station.
The man denied the allegations and boarded another eastbound train shortly afterwards.
Det Con Darren Davies said: “We would like to speak to the man in the images about this incident as we believe he can help with our investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“We treat all incidents of unwanted sexual behaviour very seriously and I would urge anyone who recognises the man to contact us.”
If you recognise the man, call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference TSUB/B14 of 27/08/2014. You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 5 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'