Hunt for man who sexually assaulted girl, 16, on tube
- Credit: BTP
Detectives investigating the sexual assault of a teenage girl have released images of a man they would like to speak to.
The 16-year-old was travelling on the Jubilee Line between Canary Wharf and North Greenwich stations at around 6pm on Monday, June 9, when she was touched inappropriately by a man on the train.
The girl’s mother confronted him and reported the incident to a member of staff at North Greenwich station.
The man denied the allegations and boarded another eastbound train shortly afterwards.
Det Con Darren Davies said: “We would like to speak to the man in the images about this incident as we believe he can help with our investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“We treat all incidents of unwanted sexual behaviour very seriously and I would urge anyone who recognises the man to contact us.”
If you recognise the man, call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference TSUB/B14 of 27/08/2014. You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 8 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 9 Fundraiser launched after school families suffer 'so many Covid deaths'
- 10 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape