Hunt for man who sexually assaulted girl, 16, on tube
- Credit: BTP
Detectives investigating the sexual assault of a teenage girl have released images of a man they would like to speak to.
The 16-year-old was travelling on the Jubilee Line between Canary Wharf and North Greenwich stations at around 6pm on Monday, June 9, when she was touched inappropriately by a man on the train.
The girl’s mother confronted him and reported the incident to a member of staff at North Greenwich station.
The man denied the allegations and boarded another eastbound train shortly afterwards.
Det Con Darren Davies said: “We would like to speak to the man in the images about this incident as we believe he can help with our investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“We treat all incidents of unwanted sexual behaviour very seriously and I would urge anyone who recognises the man to contact us.”
If you recognise the man, call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference TSUB/B14 of 27/08/2014. You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 9 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United