Hunt for man who sexually assaulted girl, 16, on tube
- Credit: BTP
Detectives investigating the sexual assault of a teenage girl have released images of a man they would like to speak to.
The 16-year-old was travelling on the Jubilee Line between Canary Wharf and North Greenwich stations at around 6pm on Monday, June 9, when she was touched inappropriately by a man on the train.
The girl’s mother confronted him and reported the incident to a member of staff at North Greenwich station.
The man denied the allegations and boarded another eastbound train shortly afterwards.
Det Con Darren Davies said: “We would like to speak to the man in the images about this incident as we believe he can help with our investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“We treat all incidents of unwanted sexual behaviour very seriously and I would urge anyone who recognises the man to contact us.”
If you recognise the man, call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference TSUB/B14 of 27/08/2014. You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End