Hunt for thugs who drag shopkeeper from vehicle in street robbery in Bow
- Credit: MPS
Detectives have issued images and CCTV today of the moment a man was attacked and robbed in his parked car in Old Ford in the hope of finding witnesses.
They are appealing for information after the 24-year-old clothes retailer was attacked by two men in balaclavas while sitting in his vehicle parked on Ford Close at 5.30pm on January 15.
One of the attackers dragged him from his car demanding his wristwatch while the other opened the passenger side and grabbed a Louis Vuitton bag containing £500 cash.
The thugs then got into a black Audi A4 with false number-plates and drove off in the direction of Roman Road.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
“These are violent men who need to be arrested,” Pc Andrew Hillier said.
“This was a nasty attack on a businessman who was robbed of his takings after he finished work.”
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 6 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 8 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 9 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
Police are appealing to anyone who witnesses the robbery or anyone with information to contact Tower Hamlets CID on 020 8217 4143, tweeting @MetCC, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.