Hunt for thugs who drag shopkeeper from vehicle in street robbery in Bow
- Credit: MPS
Detectives have issued images and CCTV today of the moment a man was attacked and robbed in his parked car in Old Ford in the hope of finding witnesses.
They are appealing for information after the 24-year-old clothes retailer was attacked by two men in balaclavas while sitting in his vehicle parked on Ford Close at 5.30pm on January 15.
One of the attackers dragged him from his car demanding his wristwatch while the other opened the passenger side and grabbed a Louis Vuitton bag containing £500 cash.
The thugs then got into a black Audi A4 with false number-plates and drove off in the direction of Roman Road.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.
“These are violent men who need to be arrested,” Pc Andrew Hillier said.
“This was a nasty attack on a businessman who was robbed of his takings after he finished work.”
- 1 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 2 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
- 6 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 7 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 8 Roman Road shop blaze 'believed to be accidental'
- 9 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 10 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
Police are appealing to anyone who witnesses the robbery or anyone with information to contact Tower Hamlets CID on 020 8217 4143, tweeting @MetCC, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.