Hunt for woman who attacked late night rail passenger at Shoreditch
Police are looking for a female suspect who attacked another woman on a station platform in London’s East End in an unprovoked attack late at night.
They have issued CCTV pictures tonight (Tues) of the suspect who they say punched a 51-year-old passenger at Shoreditch High Street station on the East London Line.
“This was a vicious and unprovoked attack on a lady simply trying to make her way home,” said Pc Robert Reed.
“She was approached on the platform by another woman who stood in front of her and after a brief exchange of words suddenly punching her in the face.”
Ambulance paramedics treated the injured woman for a broken nose, cuts and bruising.
Transport police are appealing for witnesses to the 11pm incident on Wednesday, October 10, or anyone with information, to call 0800-405040, quoting B6/LNA, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 2 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 8 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'