Hunt for woman who attacked late night rail passenger at Shoreditch
Police are looking for a female suspect who attacked another woman on a station platform in London’s East End in an unprovoked attack late at night.
They have issued CCTV pictures tonight (Tues) of the suspect who they say punched a 51-year-old passenger at Shoreditch High Street station on the East London Line.
“This was a vicious and unprovoked attack on a lady simply trying to make her way home,” said Pc Robert Reed.
“She was approached on the platform by another woman who stood in front of her and after a brief exchange of words suddenly punching her in the face.”
Ambulance paramedics treated the injured woman for a broken nose, cuts and bruising.
You may also want to watch:
Transport police are appealing for witnesses to the 11pm incident on Wednesday, October 10, or anyone with information, to call 0800-405040, quoting B6/LNA, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 9 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion