Hunt for woman who attacked late night rail passenger at Shoreditch
Police are looking for a female suspect who attacked another woman on a station platform in London’s East End in an unprovoked attack late at night.
They have issued CCTV pictures tonight (Tues) of the suspect who they say punched a 51-year-old passenger at Shoreditch High Street station on the East London Line.
“This was a vicious and unprovoked attack on a lady simply trying to make her way home,” said Pc Robert Reed.
“She was approached on the platform by another woman who stood in front of her and after a brief exchange of words suddenly punching her in the face.”
Ambulance paramedics treated the injured woman for a broken nose, cuts and bruising.
You may also want to watch:
Transport police are appealing for witnesses to the 11pm incident on Wednesday, October 10, or anyone with information, to call 0800-405040, quoting B6/LNA, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt