Hunt for woman who attacked late night rail passenger at Shoreditch
Police are looking for a female suspect who attacked another woman on a station platform in London’s East End in an unprovoked attack late at night.
They have issued CCTV pictures tonight (Tues) of the suspect who they say punched a 51-year-old passenger at Shoreditch High Street station on the East London Line.
“This was a vicious and unprovoked attack on a lady simply trying to make her way home,” said Pc Robert Reed.
“She was approached on the platform by another woman who stood in front of her and after a brief exchange of words suddenly punching her in the face.”
Ambulance paramedics treated the injured woman for a broken nose, cuts and bruising.
You may also want to watch:
Transport police are appealing for witnesses to the 11pm incident on Wednesday, October 10, or anyone with information, to call 0800-405040, quoting B6/LNA, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 6 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart