‘If I can’t have you, we die together’—ex-lover in horror murder bid in East End flat
- Credit: MPS
A man who stabbed his ex-boyfriend nine times while turning the knife on himself has been jailed today for 10 years.
Sivharta Camacho-Vallejo, 32, admitted trying to murder his 27-year-old former lover after stalking him in London’s East End.
The pair were in a relationship for almost a year before splitting up last summer.
But Camacho-Vallejo turned up at his work and his home in Bow, after phoning him constantly to plead with him to take him back.
The ex-boyfriend agreed to meet him to resolve the situation and they talked for three hours at a café in Mile End, then parted on a good note.
You may also want to watch:
He was at home in his flat in Alfred Street the next day after his shift, when Camacho-Vallejo broke in through the kitchen window, slit his wrists with a knife, then turned the knife on the ex-boyfriend saying: “If I can’t have you, no-one will—we die together.”
Camacho-Vallejo used so much force stabbing him that the blade snapped. So he took a flick-knife from his pocket and carried on the attack.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 4 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 5 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 6 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 7 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 8 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
The victim managed to stagger out of the flat where passers-by came to his aid.
Police were called and found Camacho-Vallejo still inside the flat, locked in the bathroom, repeatedly asking: “Leave me to die.”
He was taken to hospital and arrested on July 8 for attempted murder once he was well enough.
Camacho-Vallejo, from Bermondsey, later pleaded guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court to attempted murder.
Det Con Abi Mallett said after today’s sentencing: “He would not and could not accept his relationship was over and stalked his victim before committing this horrific act.
“The victim and those who went to his aid had courage and resilience. We won’t rest till we bring domestic abusers to justice.”
The ex-boyfriend had nine stab wounds to his chest, arm, neck and back, as well as gashes to his face and chest and defensive wounds to his hands.
Both his lungs had collapsed—but he survived to see his attacker go down for 10 years.