Youth arrested in East End after spate of indecent exposure incidents
- Credit: Met Police
A teenager has been arrested after a spate of alleged indecent exposure incidents in the East End.
Incidents were reported to the Met Police between August 30 and September 28 around Poplar, Bow, Mile End, Bromley-by-Bow and Stepney.
Women told police they had been approached by a man who exposed himself and sometimes sexually assaulted them.
Detectives are urging anyone who believes they have been targeted but who hasn’t already come forward to contact them.
“We want to hear from anyone who may have been targeted as we have specialist officers ready to listen,” Det Con Janina Parol said.
You may also want to watch:
“A man is in custody but it’s possible there are more women who haven’t come forward, due to the number of incidents being investigated.”
A 19-year-old man was arrested on Monday (October 4) and is now in custody, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus
Police are appealing for information on 101, on Twitter @MetCC, quoting CAD286/29SEP21, or calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.