Isle of Dogs drugs raids result in seven arrests
SEVEN people were arrested as part of an operation to tackle drug dealing on the Isle of Dogs last week.
Cops carried out a series of raids at 12 addresses on the Island last Thursday and Friday and arrested seven people, including two juveniles, for offences including possession with intent to supply cocaine and cannabis, possession of cannabis, burglary and taking a car without consent.
Police seized �1500 cash, several wraps cocaine, cannabis, drug paraphernalia, ammunition and a pit bull type dog under the Dangerous Dog Act.
The raids were the culmination of a month long intelligence-led operation to target drug dealing and was launched after concerns were raised about drug dealing and anti social behaviour in the area.
As a result, a 16-year-old was charged with possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of class B drugs, 20-year-old man was charged with public order offence and possession class B drugs, a 19-year-old man was released on police bail for possession with intent to supply class B drugs and a 19-year-old man was released on police bail for taking a motor vehicle without consent and having no insurance.
You may also want to watch:
Four people were given cannabis warnings.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus