Isle of Dogs stabbing: Woman, 25, appears in court charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A woman accused of stabbing a man to death at an Isle of Dogs flat has appeared in court.
Alex Glanfield-Collis, 25, was arrested on Thursday when police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance (LAA) were called to Galleon House, Manchester Road, at about 8.30am.
She appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday charged with murdering 35-year-old John MacLean.
Mr MacLean was injured at the flat. Despite medics’ best efforts, he died at the scene.
Enquiries are ongoing and officers are not looking for anyone else in connection to the killing, according to the Met.
“We sent a motorcycle responder, an incident response officer and an ambulance crew,” a spokesman for London Ambulance Service said.
“We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance by car.”
- 1 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 2 Update: Woman, 56, missing in Tower Hamlets found
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 9 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 10 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
LAA dispatched their advanced trauma team in a rapid response car, said a spokeswoman.
Ms Glanfield-Collis will next appear at the Old Bailey for a plea hearing on July 3.