Isle of Dogs stabbing: Woman, 25, appears in court charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A woman accused of stabbing a man to death at an Isle of Dogs flat has appeared in court.
Alex Glanfield-Collis, 25, was arrested on Thursday when police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance (LAA) were called to Galleon House, Manchester Road, at about 8.30am.
She appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday charged with murdering 35-year-old John MacLean.
Mr MacLean was injured at the flat. Despite medics’ best efforts, he died at the scene.
Enquiries are ongoing and officers are not looking for anyone else in connection to the killing, according to the Met.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent a motorcycle responder, an incident response officer and an ambulance crew,” a spokesman for London Ambulance Service said.
“We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance by car.”
- 1 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
LAA dispatched their advanced trauma team in a rapid response car, said a spokeswoman.
Ms Glanfield-Collis will next appear at the Old Bailey for a plea hearing on July 3.