Isle of Dogs stabbing: Woman, 25, appears in court charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A woman accused of stabbing a man to death at an Isle of Dogs flat has appeared in court.
Alex Glanfield-Collis, 25, was arrested on Thursday when police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance (LAA) were called to Galleon House, Manchester Road, at about 8.30am.
She appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday charged with murdering 35-year-old John MacLean.
Mr MacLean was injured at the flat. Despite medics’ best efforts, he died at the scene.
Enquiries are ongoing and officers are not looking for anyone else in connection to the killing, according to the Met.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent a motorcycle responder, an incident response officer and an ambulance crew,” a spokesman for London Ambulance Service said.
“We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance by car.”
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
LAA dispatched their advanced trauma team in a rapid response car, said a spokeswoman.
Ms Glanfield-Collis will next appear at the Old Bailey for a plea hearing on July 3.