Isle of Dogs stabbing: Woman, 25, appears in court charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A woman accused of stabbing a man to death at an Isle of Dogs flat has appeared in court.
Alex Glanfield-Collis, 25, was arrested on Thursday when police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance (LAA) were called to Galleon House, Manchester Road, at about 8.30am.
She appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday charged with murdering 35-year-old John MacLean.
Mr MacLean was injured at the flat. Despite medics’ best efforts, he died at the scene.
Enquiries are ongoing and officers are not looking for anyone else in connection to the killing, according to the Met.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent a motorcycle responder, an incident response officer and an ambulance crew,” a spokesman for London Ambulance Service said.
“We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance by car.”
- 1 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
LAA dispatched their advanced trauma team in a rapid response car, said a spokeswoman.
Ms Glanfield-Collis will next appear at the Old Bailey for a plea hearing on July 3.