Isle of Dogs stabbing: Woman, 25, charged with murder
- Credit: Ken Mears
A woman has been charged with murder after a man was stabbed to death in a flat on the Isle of Dogs.
Alex Glanfield-Collis, 25, of Manchester Road, was charged early this morning.
She was arrested after police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance (LAA) were called to Galleon House to reports of a stabbing at about 8.30am yesterday.
The victim, 35, was found injured from a stab wound.
“Sadly, despite extensive efforts, a person was dead at the scene,” said a spokeswoman for LAA.
London Ambulance Service dispatched an ambulance crew, a motorcycle responder and an incident response officer, a spokesman said.
While enquiries continue, the Met says officers are not looking for anyone else in connection to the killing.
- 1 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 2 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 3 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 4 'Lucky' escape: Family flees Bethnal Green fire thanks to fire alarms
- 5 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 6 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 7 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 8 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 9 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 10 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
Scotland Yard’s homicide and major crime command have been contacted.
Glanfield-Collins is due to appear Thames Magistrates Court this morning.