Isle of Dogs thug who blinded his victim in machete attack jailed
A 23-year-old man from the Isle of Dogs has been sentenced to an indefinite prison sentence after a machete attack left a man without an eye and a nose.
Saifour Rahman, of Charnwood Gardens, Isle of Dogs was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court today (Friday) with a recommendation to serve a minimum seven and a half years, for GBH with intent and violent disorder.
He was found guilty on 25 October after the attack in Westferry Road in April.
A gang of men brandishing machetes, poles and wooden sticks and led by Rahman attacked the victim and his two friends who were standing outside the Perfect Fried Chicken takeaway.
Rahman struck his fictim in the face with a machete, leaving him with massive trauma injuries resulting in the complete loss of his left eye. The blow also severed his nose completely at the bridge and he will require facial reconstructive surgery.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the assault, the victim’s father was working at a nearby shop and witnessed the attack take place before he was able to go to the aid of his son.
Det Sgt Lee McCullough: “This conviction highlights the continual commitment of the Metropolitan Police Service to dealing with violent crimes committed by those who are willing to use weapons against innocent members of the community. The sentence sends out a clear message to others that they will be brought to justice if they commit such crime.”
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs